Objective: Finish the first review guide from yesterday. Then, move on to the review guide below.
1) Review guide 1
2) Review guide 2
Objective: Complete the review of skills from the file below.
1) Do the review, darn it.
2) Check my website for answers you may not remember.
Objective: Utilizing the skills we have learned thus far, finish the back of your business card.
1) Vote for Marshall Elementary's Billy Weldon for America's Favorite Crossing Guard!
2) Make sure your gradient project is turned in.
3) Finish back of business card.
4) Closing: Back of Business Card Lino Board
Objectives: Once you are done with your gradient project, please watch the speed art videos below created in Illustrator.
1) Finish Gradient Project
2) Watch Videos
Objective: Okay, I'm challenging you... make me like gradients! Create a design that utilizes gradients.
1) Research artwork that utilizes gradients for inspiration.
2) Demonstration of gradient project.
5) Begin project in Illustrator.
- 8.5x11 Artboard set for print
- Must fill the entire artboard
Ideas to create:
- Landscape scene
- Space scene
- Places (cities, destinations, etc.)
- Abstract Art
Objective: Finish the Pattern assignment from yesterday. Then, utilize the Gradient Panel and the Gradient Tool to create and adjust gradients.
1) Finish Pattern Assignment.
2) Answer yesterday's closing: Pattern | Lino Board
3) Review professional gradient usage on Behance.com
4) Begin Gradient Demonstration
5) Create 4 gradient swatches in Illustrator utilizing the Gradient Panel and Gradient Tool.
Objective: Create a design in Illustrator and learn how to convert it into a pattern through the Swatches panel and the Pattern Options panel.
1) Bell work: Check out some patterns on Pinterest.com and/or Behance.com.
2) Spend sometime in Illustrator creating a design that you'd like to turn into a pattern.
3) Creating a pattern demonstration.
4) Turn your design into a pattern.
5) Closing: Pattern | Lino Board
Objective: Follow the instructions, then complete the 3 parts to the Adobe Certification practice exam..
1) Demonstration over computers
2) Launch GMetrix Adobe Practice Exams
3) Take the 3 practice exam tests in this order
- Introduction to Illustrator
- Creating a Postcard
- Creating the Front of a Business Card
Steps to Launch GMetrix:
1) Go to GMetrix website
- Username: studentID@fusd1.org (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Your Student ID
2) Type in the Access Code from on the board.
3) Click Okay, Yes or Continue as the program loads.
4) Take certification exam
- You may use the help option.
Objective: Finish the Skills Practice assignment. Then, complete the Google Forms questionnaire.
1) Finish assignment.
2) Complete the Google Forms | Skills Questionnaire
- Creating and editing Artboards
- Editing text through the Character panel
- Creating, editing and saving swatches
- Shape Builder tool
- Creating outlines of text
- Live Paint Bucket tool
- Cutting with the Scissors tool
- Joining paths
- Pencil tool and Smooth tool
- Selecting objects of the same type (Select -> Same.....)
- Isolation Mode
- Adding appearances in the Appearance panel
- Creating Graphic Styles
- Layers (Moving, naming, sub-layers, organization of layers, locking layers and hiding/viewing layers)