Objective: Review Bezier curves by following along with the Nearpod presentation, analyze professional pen tool work, practice memorization of key pen tool/bezier curve features and finish silhouettes.
1) Nearpod: Bezier Curves and Pen Tool
2) Watch the Adobe Illustrator Timelapse // Real Heart video.
3) Bezier and Pen Tool Flash Card Studies
4) Finish tracing out your silhouettes from yesterday.
5) Closing: Lino Board Question.
Objective: Complete the Pen Tool exercises below by tracing the silhouettes with the Pen Tool.
1) Review Pen Tool
2) Trace exercises
Objective: Participate in the Nearpod presentation and activities. Then, constructively critique each other's design in groups.
1) Nearpod Presentations
2) Critique Designs
3) Continue work on your Google Doodle
Objective: Create a Google Doodle design to be entered into the Google Doodle contest! The theme this year is kindness.
1) Read the How it Works web page for the project.
2) Read the Prizes web page!
3) Research 2019 winners and 2018 winners of the contest.
4) Brainstorm visual scenes that relate to the act of kindness. Create a mind map (examples below) on a sheet of paper.
5) Research photos and visual imagery that relates to one or more ideas from the mind map. Consider how you will incorporate the word "Google" into the visual imagery.
6) Begin thumbnails for concepts. Get approval from Mrs. Quick.
7) Begin a rough.
8) Create either by drawing or digitally. Use the dimentions in the Illustrator document below. If you'd like me to print this out, I'm happy to.
Objective: Identify photos that would best represent various target audiences. Then, find images online to create a mood board for your new client. Consider color palette, scenes and the over all aesthetic you would like to achieve for the business.
1) Complete the Google Forms | Target Audience Practice
2) Review and discuss Target Audience Practice
4) Read the Canva Mood Board article
5) Explanation of Mood Board Assignment
6) Begin Mood Board project
Topics you may choose from:
- Space X new rocket launch that allows people to go to outer space.
- Bohemian jewelry designs for young women.
- New sports car for middle-aged drivers.
- Bank that appeals to wealthy businessmen.
- A local downtown coffee shop.
- A J-Pop band that appeals to young teenage girls.
- You may ask me personally about a topic and design for it. BUT I must approve first!
Things you must include in your board:
- Color Palette ideas.
- Photos of scenes that fit the identity of your target audience. Look for both aesthetics of the imagery, as well as activities your target audience might engage in.
- Logo concepts that fit the aesthetic you are trying to achieve.
- Fonts that fit the identity of your brand.
Objective: Go over the Target Audience presentation and analyze ads relating to target audiences. Then, read the article below and answer the questionnaire.
1) Target Audience Presentation
2) Read the Designing for a Target Audience article.
3) Answer the questions Google Forms | Target Audience Questionnaire
4) Review answers as a class.