Objective: Remove the background from a photo. Then, apply the Pop Art Effect to the photo.
1) Background removal demonstration
2) Complete removal
3) Pop Art demonstration
4) Complete Pop Art
1) Find a photo online with an obvious person, animal or object.
2) Select the subject with the Quick Selection Tool or try the Select and Mask option (if it will work correctly)
3) Apply a layer mask to remove the background.
Pop Art Tutorial:
1) Convert your layer to a smart object and apply a threshold adjustment.
2) FIll in unwanted portions with white on a new layer
3) Add a new gradient map adjustment layer with a color combo of your choice.
4) Add a new texture fill layer and set it to multiply, overlay, or softlight at about 20 percent opacity. Alternatively, you can use a stock texture photo like concrete or a wall.