Objective: Create your own low poly effect using a photo of yourself, an animal or a picture of someone from google.
1) Watch demonstration
2) Find Photo
3) Begin assignment
1) Select image from the internet and copy it
2) Create a new document in Photoshop
3) Paste the photo in the document
4) Select your polygonal lasso tool
5) Create a ploygon
6) Select Filter -> Blur -> Average
7) Create another polygon
8) Hold Alt + Ctrl + F to apply the blur/average filter to the image.
9) Continue creating the image by creating a polygon and applying the Alt + Ctrl + F shortcut for the blue/average.
Objective: After following along with the demonstration, use a clipping mask to place your image into a text box
2) Create text effect
Objective: Create a selective color photo in Photoshop by adding a black & white adjustment layer and using the eraser to add back in the color
1) Watch demonstration
2) Begin selective color project
3) Reference tutorial and video below
Objective: Make sure you have finished your Pixel Art assignment. Then, play the games below from the links. If you are done with playing the games - you may free play in Photoshop.
Google Quick Draw
Brand Logo Color Game - "Brandeen"
Arial versus Helvetica
Kill Comic Sans
The Kerning Game
Color Game 1
Color Game 3
Objective: After viewing the demonstration, create a pixel art image in Photoshop.
Vocab: Pixels, Resolution, Color Palette
2) Watch Video (optional)
3) Create pixel art in Photoshop
4) Save project to Pixel Art folder titled as "FirstNameLastNamePixelArt"
How to setup a document for Pixel Art:
1) Go to File -> New
2) Set Width and Height as 50 pixels. Set the resolution to 72.
3) Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Guides, Grids and Slices
4) Change Gridline Every to 1 Pixel
5) If Grid is not showing, go to View -> Show -> Grid
6) Select Pencil Tool (underneath the brush tool) and start coloring!
Objective: Open up Photoshop, start a new document, begin basic Photoshop workspace navigation, begin learning basic tools, play on the canvas and learn to save files to the RW$ drive.
1) Navigate and open up Photoshop
2) Open a New Document
3) Basic program workspace navigation
4) Basic tools
5) Free play
6) Save files
Saving a file:
1) In Photoshop, go to File -> Save As.
2) Click on the words "This PC".
3) Following that, click on the network drive “FHSstudent_RW$ (//studentdata1) (W:).
4) Click on the folder “Quick”. Click on the folder for the class you are in.
5) Click on the folder for the specific assignment name.
- Photoshop: a photo editing program that is apart of the Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Workspace: the arrangement of the panels and tools within the Photoshop program.
- Document: a new file within Photoshop.
- Canvas: the area that you edit in Photoshop.
- Tool Panel: the tools given to you to edit photos in Photoshop in different ways.
- Panels: options that help you manage, monitor, and modify images.
Objective: Begin to know and develop friendships with each other by formally introducing yourself, answering a question about yourself then versing your team in a challenging game of Mario Kart.
1) Practice formal introductions with peers.
2) Answer a question Mrs. Quick has given with each other.
3) Play a round of Mario Kart.
4) Top place of each round advances to the next round. Students need to formally introduce themselves to the second round competitors and answer a question Mrs. Quick has given. Players from the previous rounds are now the cheerleaders for the student from their first round that won.
Objective: Learn about the teachers, each other, the website, discuss the course and do the classroom procedures review!
1) Introduction to Mrs. Quick and Mr. J.
2) Login to computers and navigate to website
3) Follow along with the Classroom Procedures lesson by clicking the link below
4) Discuss classroom syllabus
Intro to Photoshop Classroom Procedures Presentation
***REMINDER: Bring Nintendo Switch if you have one AND your parents will let you. Don't forget to charge your controllers!***
Intro to Photoshop