Objective: Remove the background from a photo. Then, apply the Pop Art Effect to the photo.
1) Background removal demonstration
2) Complete removal
3) Pop Art demonstration
4) Complete Pop Art
1) Find a photo online with an obvious person, animal or object.
2) Select the subject with the Quick Selection Tool or try the Select and Mask option (if it will work correctly)
3) Apply a layer mask to remove the background.
Pop Art Tutorial:
1) Convert your layer to a smart object and apply a threshold adjustment.
2) FIll in unwanted portions with white on a new layer
3) Add a new gradient map adjustment layer with a color combo of your choice.
4) Add a new texture fill layer and set it to multiply, overlay, or softlight at about 20 percent opacity. Alternatively, you can use a stock texture photo like concrete or a wall.
Objective: Review a project listed below OR complete a project you have not finished that is empty in the gradebook.
1) Pixel Art
2) Selective Color
3) Low Poly
4) Image in Text
6) Coloring Page
7) 3D Effect
Objective: Pull an appropriate photo off the internet and add text to make a meme in Photoshop.
1) Find an image online that is appropriate
2) Copy it and paste it into Photoshop
3) Use your text tool to create text on the meme
- Find a photo on google. Right click on it and select copy.
- Go to Photoshop and select File -> New and press okay.
- Next, go to edit and paste.
- Go to your text tool
- Select the text tool
- Find the font Impact and use that to type
- Put half your text on top and place the punch line at the bottom
Objective: Skateboard design competition! The winner of this competition will be referred to as "Master (First Name)" all day and subsequently will receive high fives whenever they please. Create a skateboard design from the file below. It is a Photoshop file. Do anything you please. You may use my tablets - or not - or what ever you like.
*IF* you finish early (which makes me think you didn't try), you may play Google Quickdraw.
How to Free Transform and Image:
- Find an image online, right click and "copy image"
- Go to Edit -> Paste to place the image on the canvas
- Press Ctrl + T to begin to Free Transform
- Hold down shift
- Drag the cursor to the corner and adjust to the size you would like.
- Press Enter to get out of Free Transform
Objective: Check your grades, turn in any missing assignments and watch the Photoshop tips videos.
1) Check grades.
2) Finish and turn in any missing assignments.
3) Watch videos.
Objective: Find a coloring page online and color it with the Wacom drawing tablet.
1) Google search "Coloring Page". Make sure that it's a high enough resolution.
2) Right click on the page to "copy image"
3) Open Photoshop, and create a new document.
4) Paste the coloring page in the document.
5) Go to Image -> Mode -> and select RGB
6) Create a new layer.
7) Go to Window -> Swatches to open up the swatches panel
8) Use the brush tool to color onto the blank layer. Do not color on the coloring page layer, because you will not be able to erase easily.
Objective: Create a 3D effect in Photoshop.
3) Create 3D Effect
Objective: Create your own low poly effect using a photo of yourself, an animal or a picture of someone from google.
1) Watch demonstration
2) Find Photo
3) Begin assignment
1) Select image from the internet and copy it
2) Create a new document in Photoshop
3) Paste the photo in the document
4) Select your polygonal lasso tool
5) Create a ploygon
6) Select Filter -> Blur -> Average
7) Create another polygon
8) Hold Alt + Ctrl + F to apply the blur/average filter to the image.
9) Continue creating the image by creating a polygon and applying the Alt + Ctrl + F shortcut for the blue/average.